We are currently seeking a Communications Coordinator. This is a full-time position, to be based in our office within the Faculty of Political Science, Chulalongkorn University. The position is open to Thai and non-Thai applicants. For the selected candidate, if non-Thai, we are able to offer a Thai visa and work permit. Appropriate training will be provided as needed. Download the full job description here.
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
- Develop and implement a communication strategy for CSDS
- Evolve and manage our website, social media and related projects
- Prepare a range of communication materials including: webpages, blogs, press releases, policy briefs, events promotion and reports, and social media postings.
- Respond to enquiries that relate to our public communication work
- Support the organization of events, including conferences, seminars and workshops
- Manage our photograph and contact databases
- Edit materials when necessary
- Transform research documents/materials into appropriate public communications
The communication coordinator may also be involved in supporting research conducted by CSDS. We are also open to applicants whose strength is research, with some experience of communications work.
Who we are seeking
The ideal candidate will be the following:
- You are dynamic and self-motivated who is equally comfortable working individually, as a part of our team, and with a wide range of our partners.
- You hold a Master-level degree in a field relevant to the work of CSDS, or have equivalent experience
- You have a proven track record working in a communications role, including developing strategy and managing websites (we use SquareSpace; training will be provided if needed) and social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- You have an excellent command of spoken and written English
- You are familiar with Southeast Asia, and the issues upon which CSDS works
- You are organized and able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, including experience organizing the logistics of meetings
- You have some experience working within a university or research institute environment
- You are keen to learn new things and to continue to develop your skills and experience
- You are comfortable to multi-task
- You are able to travel around the region for events or research projects
Submit your application
Please submit your short CV (maximum 2 pages) and a cover letter explaining your motivation and why you are suitable for this position to email@example.com. Please also provide a short example of your written work in English that has not been edited by others.
The deadline for submission is 5 pm on Thursday 17th May. The position will be available immediately, although we are open to a later start date for the selected candidate.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CSDS is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation or identity.